Woollen Felt – characteristic
- Highly resistant and retains its strength for a long period of time
- Wear resistant, cuts clean to any size, shape or thickness and doesn't fray at the edges
- Returns to original shape when deformed
- Extraordinary wicking capabilities delivering consistent fluid flow without deterioration.
- Wool felt is a renewable and environmentally friendly resource.
Woollen Felt is used for
- Polishing - wool felt is used for the final polish of metal, precious metal, stone, precious stone, granite, marble, glass, plastics, wood & various other products
- Packaging & Sealing - elasticity, unthinkable attribute of wool fibres, results in a excellent application of wool felt as caulking material.
- Covering - felt can be used in various densities for covering and packing, from filling of hollow spaces to high-effective springing and damping.
- Filtration - porous places in felt extremely good. It retains unwanted particles as dust, soot etc.
- Insulation - wool fibres and woollen felt are bad conductors of heat.
- Lubrication - wool felt contains porous structure and has built in sluiceways capillary. This helps the fluids to store and pass on the liquid smoothly.
- Sound control - felt minimize the transportation of sound, muffle noise and is also used as functional and decorative sound barrier.
- Anti-Vibration - absorbing of vibrations.
Woollen Felt is used in
Pressed wool felt is one of the most versatile textile material used in various industries for various applications.